First time on commercial safes? Don’t fret because this guide will help you become an expert! You might be interested in safes for your office, business establishments, and other facilities. It is crucial to understand their function and how to handle one after purchasing or installing. Read on and get the best information and advice only from City Safe!
Qualities Of Reliable Business Safes
It can be challenging to choose suitable safes for business facilities. You will need a commercial safe with features that fit and protect your cash, items, and other valuables, and it should also offer security for your business.
These are the qualities one should know when selecting safes for business:
- Size – There are many important things to consider about selecting a safe, and size is just one of the most important things. It will help you choose the right type of safe. If you purchase a large safe enough to be carried, this might decrease the chance of theft.
These are the things that need to consider as well. Here are the usual sizes to choose from accordingly:
- Standard: 20 x 36 x 22 cm
- Pad: 20 x 36 x 27 cm
- Laptop 15: 20 x 43 x 35 cm
- Laptop 17: 20 x 40 x 48 cm
- Folder: 20 x 43 x 40 cm
- Avant 15: 12 x 40 x 35 cm
- Avant 17: 12 x 40 x 48 cm
- Location – The location is one of the crucial fundamentals to knowing if the space you prefer fits the type and size of the safe that you want. If you consult a locksmith, one of the things that will be asked or considered is the location. This way, you know your safe is placed somewhere far from possible damage and if you can access it conveniently.
- Cash Rating – Insurance companies use the cash rating to assess the terms of security safes. The cash rating is the number of valuables, items, or money that an insurance company will pay in the event of a burglary.
Here are the following cash ratings to use as a guide:
- Grade 0 – £6,000
- Grade 1 – £10,000
- Grade 2 – £17,500
- Grade 3 – £35,000
- Grade 4 – £60,000
- Grade 5 – £100,000
- Grade 6 – £150,000
- Full Protection – To ensure that your belongings are safe from prying eyes, you may need a tool or fire-resistant safe. The safe you choose should offer complete protection. Keep in mind what you are storing in the safe, and select the safe that offers the most protection.
- Cost – If you are on a budget, it is imperative to plan and research the price range. When allocating budgets for safety and security measures, such as business security, it is essential to consider it an investment that will keep your business safe and last a lifetime.
Here is the usual price range for business safes:
- Portable Fire Boxes – $20-$199
- Small Fireproof Safes – $300-$700
- Small Jewelry / Burglary Safes – $750-$1800
- Large Burglary-Rated Safes – $1200-$3000
- Large High-Security Safes – $2600-$11000+
- Required Accreditations – Safes are vital security and protection tools for your company and should be maintained accordingly. You need to ensure that safes meet the requirements for security and protection to support future insurance claims.
UL 687 provides specific ratings based upon the types of burglary tools used and the amount of time that a safe can delay an attack. The following are some examples of commonly used ratings for safes:
- TL-15 = Tool-Resistant Safe, fifteen-minute rating.
- TL-30 = Tool-Resistant Safe, thirty-minute rating.
- TRTL-15 = Torch-and-Tool-Resistant Safe, fifteen-minute rating.
- TRTL-30 = Torch-and-Tool-Resistant Safe, thirty-minute rating.
- TXTL-60 = Torch, Explosive, and Tool-Resistant Safe, sixty-minute rating
Different Types Of Business Safes To Choose From
Choosing the type of safe for your business or facility is one of the most crucial things in purchasing a safe. Below are the different types of business safes along with their function and features:
- Deposit Drop Safe – You can drop money into the safe via the hopper-shaped entrance on the top lid. It does not allow you to access the main safe compartment, which makes it a popular choice for the retail and restaurant industries as a depository safe.
You can only access the contents of the container by entering your credentials and opening its main door to prevent theft from employees or guests.
- Hotel Safe – A safe deposit box used in hotels is a sturdy metal cabinet with a unique lock mechanism to store cash, jewelry, or other valuable items for temporary use. Hotel safes usually come in 1.2 – 2.0 cubic feet to store large items such as tablets and laptops.
- Office Safes – They can be either freestanding or mounted on the floor or wall. It is generally resistant to impact and tested to ensure that repeated drops do not damage. They are made of high-quality, sturdy material and offer high-end protection from unauthorized entry.
- Cash Box – These locks are excellent for protecting your money and moving the box, so it doesn’t get opened accidentally. Cash boxes are equipped with a removable tray that allows two storage levels. Usually, the top case holds coins while the lower section houses paper money. The lid has a carrying handle that allows for easy movement.
Find The Best Business Safes in City Safe and Vaults LLC
When it comes to safes and vaults, you get the best out of your investment by having a professional locksmith service ready to answer all your queries. Get a free consultation today about commercial safes to learn how City Safe can add value, and we are excited to hear from you!
City Safe is a trusted and expert Safe and Vault service in New York City to deliver exceptional services to enhance your security while leaving an aesthetic and neat appeal in every job undertaking. We offer assistance for residential and commercial purposes. Our services include emergency lockouts, safe lock upgrades, combination changes, safe repair, malfunction troubleshooting, new safe installations, and more!